This position is appointed by the Mayor, and ratified by the City Council, to manage the affairs of the City. The City Manager's general responsibilities include:
- Attending all meetings of the Council and keeping the Council advised of the affairs and needs of the City.
- Seeing that Council policy is implemented.
- Seeing that all laws and ordinances are enforced.
- Seeing that the provisions of all franchises, leases, contracts, permits and privileges granted by the City are observed.
- Oversight and management of the annual City budget.
- Appointing and supervising all department heads and other employees except as otherwise provided by the City Charter.
Assistant City Manager
Alissa Angelo, CMC
Alissa Angelo serves as Stayton's Assistant City Manager, and has been employed with the City since 2001. She obtained her Bachelor's of Science degree in Business Administration from Western Oregon University. In 2013, Alissa received designation as a Certified Municipal Clerk from the International Institute of Municipal Clerks and participated in the 2018 Northwest Women's Leadership Academy (NWWLA). In December 2021, Alissa graduated from the Professional Development Academy's ICMA High Performance Leadership program.
The Assistant City Manager serves as the Human Resources Manager, Elections Officer, Deputy City Recorder duties, and the City's records manager.