Home     Sitemap     Contact Us
Public Works


Building Permits: 

The City of Stayton contracts with Marion County for plan review and construction inspection to certify compliance with state and local codes.
All residential and commercial structural permit applications and plans must be submitted directly to the City of Stayton Public Works Administration office.


Site Plan Submission Requirements: 


Instructions for Preparation of a Residential Site Plan


Sample Site Plan


Stormwater Plan Submission Requirements:

Private onsite water quality and detention facility plans, calculations, and operation and maintenance plans must be included with a building permit application. Stormwater submittals must be approved by Public Works prior to forwarding the structural permit application and plans to Marion County. 


City of Stayton Stormwater Management Program


Building Permit Application Forms:


Do I need a structural permit?.pdf


Provided is a link to Marion County Public Works Building Department Website. 




Application Forms:

Electrical Permit Application - May submit application to the City or Oregon ePermitting


Mechanical Permit Application - May submit application to the City or Oregon ePermitting


Plumbing Permit Application - May submit application to the City or Oregon ePermitting


Structural Permit Application - Must submit application to the City



System Development Charges:

System Development Charges (SDC) are one-time fees assessed on new developments.

2023-2024 SDC Fees


Right of Way Permits:

Most work in the public right of way requires a permit. Below is a link to the right of way permit application form. The form can be dropped off at the Public Works office during normal business hours or emailed to wcudd@staytonoregon.gov. 


Right of Way Permit Application Form


Contact Us


Windy Cudd



Hours of Operations

Monday - Friday

8 a.m. - 5 p.m.



Public Works Administrative Office

311 N. Third Avenue

Stayton, Oregon 97383


Telephone Number







Asbestos Information

Remodeling or demolishing a residential or commercial structure?  Please read about Oregon Department of Environmental Quality's regulations requiring an asbestos survey for residential buildings constructed before 2004 and for all commercial buildings.

© City of Stayton, Oregon - All rights reserved.

powered by  ezTaskTitanium  TM