The Mayor and Council members are elected to four-year terms. The following positions have terms ending this year:
|Mayor position currently held by Henry Porter
|Council position currently held by Paige Hook
|Council position currently held by Jordan Ohrt
|Council position currently held by David Patty
- All positions are non-partisan.
- Council positions are elected at large – meaning candidates may reside in any area inside the Stayton city limits.
- All positions are volunteer / non-paid.
- All terms will begin on January 3, 2023.
- Council members must be a qualified elector under state law, and reside within the city for at least one year immediately before election or appointment to office.
- No person may be a candidate at a single election for more than one city office.
- Neither the mayor nor a councilor may be employed by the city.
- The council is the final judge of the election and qualifications of elected officials.
On Thursday, October 13th, the Stayton-Sublimity Chamber of Commerce hosted a Candidates